Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

First brave step...

Hello there,

It's a horrible rainy Saturday morning in Cambridge and the morning library shift is incredibly quiet...so much so, that I decided to finally pull my finger out and set this blog up. I am not only motivated by the weather, but also by the number of interesting things that have come my way recently - I can only hope that you might also find them, or bits of them, quite interesting too.

As a quick catch-up on my background, I am the current Graduate Trainee Librarian at the Classical Faculty Library, University of Cambridge. I have been in the post for 8 months now (longer than it feels...) having completed my BA in French and Linguistics at the University of Sheffield in June 2010. Linguistics and languages are my particular passion, which is why it is wonderful to be working in a discipline where they come into use so frequently, and whose library clientèle come from a range of different linguistic groups.

I have also found that the library profession is filled with incredibly motivated and passionate people who have so far put me to shame with their mastery and constantly developing use of Web 2.0 tools and the like. So, Cambridge Librarians, add another one to your ever-expanding list, because I'm going to do my best to share what I can in terms of my knowledge and experiences and hopefully reap quite a bit more as an active participant than I ever did as a lurker.

I shall end this post here, as the subject of my first "proper" post deserves to be dealt with in its own right, and not as the tail-end of a slightly awkward and self-conscious first foray into the blogosphere...

"I'll be doing my best / and I'll see you soon / In a telescope lens / and when all you want is friends / I'll see you soon" 
Coldplay -- See you soon

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! Welcome to the blogging world. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie :) hope I can contribute to the debate...whatever it might be...

    ReplyDelete