Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2011

The start of a beautiful Web 2.0 professional development programme...

So I have been a little lax with posting in the last couple of weeks, but I have a good excuse m'lud, and it's very much Blogger related.

It's been a while in the planning,
but now it's here...
I have in fact been neglecting this blog for another, namely that of the Cam23 2.0 programme that I'm running along with several other Cambridge librarians, including 3 other trainees. The idea is to try out 23 new web 2.0 tools over a period of 3 months, basically to keep interest and personal/professional development going during the long summer vacation. As you may have guessed, this is actually the second series, the first having been so successful that there are lots of Cambridge newcomers who want a pop at it, along with those who didn't quite finish last time or those who enjoyed it so much that they want another go, particularly at the eight extra "Things" we're offering this year.

All of this has required quite a lot of time and effort; organising what Things should be included, drafting and publishing blog posts, designing little flyers and holding a launch party, the latter of which took place at the UL last Friday. Yours truly gave a (very brief) presentation about what to expect and how to join in, and there are a fair few people registered already, and hopefully many more to come!

It's an exciting programme to be involved in; I'm looking forward to trying out some of the Things that I haven't really used/done before, such as podcasting, but it's also great for my personal development to be involved in organising, writing for and supporting others through a programme which needs to be as professional and as slick as possible. Watch this space (literally...I have to take part as well!)

And importantly, my involvement in Cam23 2.0 could well be one of my last Cambridge hurrahs, as I've been lucky enough to secure ESRC 1+3 funding for postgraduate study in Linguistics at York, starting in October. I'm incredibly excited about the opportunity to work with some of the foremost scholars in linguistics at present, especially as my interests in psycho- and neurolinguistics seem to align so well with theirs. But there's 3 1/2 months left to go in Cambridge and I intend to make every moment count.

No comments:

Post a Comment